- The King’s Royal Yorkers 1775-1783, a living history organization dedicated to the portrayal of Canada’s first Loyalist regiment. These guys are almost as weird as us! Hey, some of them are us!
- What’s a war without a website? Military Heritage.com maintains a group of websites dedicated to things military and historical.
- An annual event at Historic Fort York ( Ken’s day job) is Queen Charlotte’s Birthday Ball, also worth a look.
- The Michigan Fencibles and Michilimackinac Militia Company — re-enacting the War of 1812
- Le Companie Franche del la Marine — re-enacting the Seven Years War aka French and Indian War.
- A fairly comprehensive Directory of Canadian Reenactment / Reconstitution Historique au Canada
- Fop Fest — A celebration of 18th century costume, culture and living history. Fop fest is an idea and this website a showcase for 18th century high living in Canada and the North Eastern United States.
- Fort at # 4 – 1740’s Living History Site located in Charlestown, NH
- Old Fort Niagara, Youngstown, New York
- Fortress of Louisbourg Nova Scotia, Canada
- Crown Point State Historic Site, Crown Point, NY
- Fort Ticonderoga National Historic Landmark, Ticonderoga, NY
- Minuteman National Historic Park, Concord, Massachusetts – ‘Where the American Revolution Began’
- Home of the Discriminating General — tons of historical military paraphernalia for re-enactors and collectors. Specializing in period uniforms and authentic materials for same, including hard-to-get and very authentic items such as buttons, buckles, shakos, canteens, guns and swords. Very accurate model soldiers, too! Don’t miss their collection of articles on historic arms.
Add your site:
- Do you or your group have a website that should be listed here? Drop us a line, we’ll add your site (we appreciate a link on your site, too).